Monday, July 6, 2009

Vacation Day 5

At 7:30am I got up and made his highness' favorite breakfast, pancakes. At 9:30 I made sandwiches for lunch because they were starving and then we were off to the Lynn Meadows Discovery Center.




















I highly recommend this facility. It wasn't as large as the Children's Museum in Indianapolis, but it was spectacular. We spent the whole day and if they served food, we might not have left. I tried my best to keep up with the kids, but I went through 2 memory cards and almost lost battery power in my cell phone. Here is what I did get.

The outdoor exhibits were fantastic. There were several tree houses of different layouts for the kids to explore.






















































There was the bubble station.
















The submarine where they both banged their heads against the ceiling of the ship. I think we realized that we are getting a little too big for some rides. NAH.
















Let's not forget the outdoor Pelican Cafe where the kids got to cook for the onlooking parents. I am going to try this at home now that I know the kids think I would eat it.



The inside of the museum made creative use of the space available. Of course there was a climbing tower from one level to the next. And a tea room fit for a princess.
















The news room where the princess ran the show.
















The green room where his majesty showed us how to row a canoe.
















The train station.




















The shrimp boat.



































The construction zone.




















The Winn Dixie where I did at least 8 weeks worth of shopping here. Her favorite station was the seafood counter.







































The art center we created some masterpieces using sand.

































































The body discovery center.

No comments:

Post a Comment