Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What it means to be understood.

Our vet has a little offer where owners bring their dogs in every Tuesday and have their nails trimmed. I have finally gotten into a habit of taking both Maya, the 3 year old Chihuahua who HATES the vet, and Callie, the 8 month old Westie who LOVES the vet. Needless to say I am sure that I provide the day's entertainment for the staff with Callie trying to drag me around the store to chase her little cat friend and Maya who spends the whole time shivering with fear trying to climb into my shirt to hide.

Tom was out of town but saw on the calendar that I was taking them. This is our text thread.

Tom: "Hey hun, how did the dog's trip to the vet go?"
Me: "Like always. It ended with me threatening to kill them in the parking lot."
Tom: "Well at least there were no surprises..."

Tom knows... this is how we roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment